Twins can mean Double trouble when it comes time for paying for college. Managing to put one child through school can be challenging enough as it is, but two at once? ouch! Fortunately several colleges have created special scholarships just for twins, most of these give a discount for the second sibling, but some give as much as half off tuition for both! Pretty cool way to save for twins seeking higher education.
Here are some of the scholarships available for twins:
- Sterling College (Sterling, Kansas) offers a great scholarship opportunity for twins, Each twin (or multiple birth) receives a scholarship for 50% of their tuition, this saves each twin up to $9000!
- Wilson College (Chambersburg, Pennsylvania) This all-female school offers an annual scholarship for twins and triplets. This scholarship for twins will pay 45% of each twins tuition.
- Lake Erie College (Painesville, Ohio) This college does a BOGO scholarship, one twin receives a full scholarship which saves the pair 50%, both have to attend Lake Erie College at the same time to be eligible for the funds.
- Randolph College (Lynchburg, Virginia) Each Twin gets a 15% discount for every year in attendance, not as big as a discount as some but this would add up to pretty big savings in course of 4 years for two students.
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (Miami, Oklahoma) Not cash but a free dorm room is big savings, NEO covers the cost of a semi private dorm for twins and triplets attending Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College.
Scholarships offered by Twins Organizations
There are a couple of scholarships for twins offered by twin organizations, these do not have huge awards but are nice because you can use them at the college of your choice.
- Twins Day Festival (Twinsburg, Ihio) This annual twins festival offer scholarships of $1000 to a lucky set of twins each year, there is a bit of a catch with this one, you have to have been a regular attendee of the festival and have attended 3 of the last five events.
- Shan Pynes Scholarship from Northwest Association Mother of Twins Clubs offers several scholarships every year to twins, and multiples, these scholarships for twins was once known as the Twins Fund.